BY: RACHEL WUMKES
We’ve been gearing up for it for weeks. The scary movie marathons on television. Finding the perfect pumpkin to slice and dice into an artful masterpiece for your front step. Shopping for costumes and loading up on candy and decorations.
Halloween is officially upon us.
The ghouls and goblins in my house have been counting down the days until they get to don their costumes and take on the town.
With the frightening holiday comes a slew of Spooktacular events in Clear Lake to ensure you have the best time ever. Whether you prefer the shrill screams of the Haunted Hike, or the light-hearted tunes played by Boogie and the Yo-Yoz, there’s something for everyone, young and old, to celebrate Halloween.
Along with these fantastic events, the City of Clear Lake will hold its annual Trick or Treat throughout the neighborhoods of our community on Sunday, October 31st from 5-7PM. There are a lot of great areas in town that boast “the best” when it comes to candy in both the quantity AND quality department! I hope there’s time for you to hit them all.
- Oakwood Care Center Outdoor Trick or Treat event from 3:30-5:00PM. Join us for a safe, outdoor trick-or-treat event & show off your Halloween costume. The fun begins at the front door, and then follow the outdoor trick-or-treat route for Halloween goodies & show off your costume to our residents, tenants, & staff.
- Sunset Sharky’s Halloween Party with LIVE music by Spenser Rahm and Tommy Clark from 8-11PM. Best costume gets free tickets to the Boogie at the Surf on Saturday!
- City of Clear Lake Halloween Parade on Main Ave – meet at City Hall parking lot between 8:30 -9AM. Everyone is welcome to attend, and all children in the parade will receive a goody bag at the end of the parade.
- Tap’d is having a Halloween costume party with Betty and the Gents playing LIVE beginning at 4PM.
- Drive by Halloween Ice Cream treat at Cookies, etc. from 4-6PM. Get 2 scoops of surprise flavors for a (cash only) donation to the food pantry!
- Boogie & the Yo-Yoz Halloween Spooktacular at the Surf Ballroom. Costumes welcomed and encouraged. Doors open at 8PM – only 21 and over can attend this event.
- High School Youth for Christ Scavenger Hunt from 5-7PM. Clue #1 is in the Methodist Church parking lot. Aaaaand….. GO!
- Kings Kids event at the Clear Lake Evangelical Free church from 5-7PM.
- Trick or Treat fun at the VFW from 5-7PM.
- Halloweenalooza! A Trunk or Treat sensation from 5-7PM hosted by Rumorz and South Shore Donut Company as they turn their parking lots into the ultimate family friendly Trick or Treat event.
The Nightmare – Haunted Hike:
You’ll have one more weekend to see if you’ve got the guts to make it through this frightening hike. And if you don’t… I’m sure they have some extra guts to spare! Don’t miss out on one of Iowa’s Top Ten Haunted Hike’s. This year, more than ever, will scare your socks off. If you dare… they will scare.
Friday – Saturday from 7:30-10PM
Sunday from 7-11PM