Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Program
The Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce that a $1,000 scholarship will be available to high school seniors in the Clear Lake area affiliated with the Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce (See Chamber Connection section on the Scholarship Application Form link below). Scholarships are funded from generous donations of Chamber members.
- The applicant must be pursuing post-secondary education at either a two-year or four-year educational or vocational institution.
- The applicant must have maintained a minimum of a 2.5 GPA.
- Recipient will be selected based on:
- Participation and leadership in extra-curricular activities and/or work experience;
- Record of community service and volunteerism;
- Response to the essay question; and
- Academic achievement.
- The applicant selected to receive the scholarship will be notified during the second week of April 2023.
- The selected recipient and his/her parents or guardians will be invited to the June 16, 2023, Quarterly Chamber Coffee at 7:30 a.m. to be recognized. If the recipient is unable to attend the Quarterly Coffee due to circumstances beyond his/her control, a letter or email must be sent to Stacy Doughan citing the reason for the absence one week prior to the event, or the scholarship will be forfeited.
The entire application should be completed by the applicant. Electronic submissions are acceptable. All applications must be signed by the applicant and his/her parent or guardian or will be deemed incomplete.
The essay portion of the application should be neatly typed and double-spaced, preferably using an easy-to-read font.
Applicants will be scored 5 points for each of three categories—participation and leadership in school activities and/or work experience; record of community service and volunteerism; and academic achievement; and 15 points for the essay question response. A total of 30 points are available.
Applications, including the essay and supporting documents will become the property of the Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce and will not be returned. By signing the application, you agree to allow the Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce to utilize your name and essay for publicity opportunities related to the scholarship or Chamber program. Winning applicants agree to have their photograph taken with Chamber representatives and agree to release all rights to the photo to the Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce for promotional activities.
National companies may only send applications from local offices. This is a local scholarship for Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce members. Applicants from outside this area may be disqualified. Any student of parents or guardians who are employed by a Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce member in good standing, any employee of a member in good standing or any Chamber volunteer is eligible to apply. Scholarships can be utilized for full-time tuition to any undergraduate, technical or community college program. A tuition statement or proof of enrollment must be provided to Stacy Doughan prior to release of funds.
Submissions Must Include All of the Following in One Package
- Application form completed.
- Essay as described on the application.
- Copy of most recent report card.
2022-2023 Application & Deadline
Applications and supporting materials must be emailed, mailed or delivered to the Chamber office no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 7, 2023. Interested applicants should email, mail or deliver their application, essay, and transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, c/o Stacy Doughan, 205 Main Avenue, Clear Lake, Iowa 50428. Click here for scholarship application pdf.
Call Stacy Doughan at 641-357-2159 or email email@example.com.