Events make Clear Lake a great place to live, work, and visit.
The Chamber’s goal is to promote our one-of-a-kind community and keep Clear Lake’s calendar packed with award-winning events of all sizes. Because there’s always something to do, Clear Lake is a great place to live, work, and visit. The Chamber is here to provide support to our local business community. In addition, we have resources help event planners reach more people through our website calendar of events, social media channels, email marketing, and our Destination Clear Lake visitor guide.
Whether you’re a seasoned event planner or considering starting a new event, big or small, we are here to help! Our community events calendar on clearlakeiowa.com is viewed over 30,000 times per year. Event planners can submit their event by clicking the blue plus sign (+) in the upper right corner of the calendar. Once approved*, it will appear on the calendar, and will also be included in our weekly events email that goes to over 3,000 inboxes every Thursday morning.
Why should I consider hosting an event?
- It creates a sense of community. Events bring people together and give them a chance to socialize and have fun, which is what Clear Lake is all about!
- It generates excitement. When people hear about an upcoming event, they start talking about it. This is especially true for unique activities; don’t be afraid to think out of the box!
- It provides a reason for people to visit your business. Sometimes, people need a little extra incentive to visit a business. Events can provide that by giving people something to do, something to look forward to, and a feeling of being welcomed into your business.
- It helps you reach new customers. Events are a great way to reach new customers who may not be aware of your business. When people attend an event, they are exposed to your brand and your products or services, which can lead to new customers!
From live music, trivia nights and BINGO, to boat and car shows, fishing tournaments to 5K fun runs and beyond, promotion is important for any event.
Many new or small events don’t have a large advertising budget (or any advertising budget!). By promoting your community event with the Chamber’s help, you can help to ensure that people know about it and that they have the opportunity to attend at no cost to you. We love promoting all the wonderful events and activities that Clear Lake has to offer, so be sure to share your event details with us so we can pass them along!
Other ways to promote your Clear Lake event:
- Create a website or social media page for your event. This will give people a place to go for information about the event, such as the date, time, location, and cost.
- Create a Facebook event. Another great option to promote your event and connect with and target those that may be interested. Pro tip: add a co-host for even more exposure! This can be a partner organization, key sponsor, or other collaborator.
- Reach out to local media outlets. Local newspapers, radio stations, and TV stations may be interested in covering your event. This can help to generate publicity and reach a wider audience.
- Distribute flyers and posters in your community. This is a great way to get the word out about your event to people who live in the area. Need help with design or printing? Our members can help!
- Partner with other businesses in your community. Other businesses may be interested in sponsoring your event or co-promoting it with you. This can help to reach a wider audience and spread the word about your event.
- Remember to take pictures at your event. This will come in handy for creating promotional materials for future events!
By promoting your community event, you can help to ensure that it is a success.
A successful event can bring new customers into your business, enhance our community, and keep Clear Lake a great place to live, work, and visit!
*What qualifies as an event for inclusion on our community calendar?
The event is held in Clear Lake, is open to the public, and is inclusive to all. Clear Lake Area Chamber Members that are hosting an event in the North Iowa area can also share their event. A sale or business promotion is not considered an event, but can be shared on the Chamber’s Shop Local Clear Lake Facebook page at any time.