Happy (Final) Friday!
February saw some frigid temps, but we were really fortunate to have great weekend weather for the Winter Dance Party, Yellow Bass Bonanza, and Color the Wind. (Honestly, the weather was perfect for the kite festival!)
We also held our 76th Annual Meeting and Awards Presentation this month. Over 150 of you joined us to celebrate a successful 2019. Thank you!
In case you missed it, Rachel Wumkes, wrote a blog titled Top 5 Reasons to Join the Chamber. At the bottom of the blog, you’ll find the infographic we shared at the annual meeting which shows some of the things your 2019 investment enabled us to do. Check it out here.
As I’m wrapping up this final Friday in February, I’d like to extend a warm welcome to four new Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce members:
- Don Moore Income Tax Preparation
- Rachel Smith Books, LLC
- Lake Fit
- Mike Moore Shelter Insurance
You can find them in our online business directory.
I’d also like to share this month’s “Chamber-versaries.” Thank you for your ongoing investment in Clear Lake!
- 1 Year: Don’s Auto Body (new owners Michelle and Scott Aydelotte)
- 5 Year: Marco
- 5 Year: Young Living Essential Oils
- 20 Year: Culver's of Clear Lake
- 20 Year: North Iowa Collision Center, Inc.
- 25 Year: AmericInn Lodge & Suites
Finally, don’t forget to mark your calendars for these upcoming Chamber events in March:
- Friday, March 6th from 1-2 p.m. – Legislative Briefing: Linda Upmeyer and Amanda Ragan will provide a legislative update at Clear Lake Bank & Trust’s Community Room. No RSVP Required.
- Monday, March 9th from 4-5 p.m. – Membership 101: Learn how to get the most out of your membership! Save your seat here.
- Friday, March 20th from 7:30-9 a.m. – Quarterly Chamber Coffee: Join us at the Surf Lounge to find out what’s going on around town and in fellow chamber organizations. No RSVP required.
- For a full list of everything going on around Clear Lake, check out our events calendar.
Have a great weekend!