Fall is harvest time, football, warm drinks and cool evening walks along Lakeview Drive.
1) Harvest Festival, the quintessential fall celebration enjoying it's 10th year in Clear Lake. Features include a huge Farmer's Market with craft, artisan, and over 90 vendors, wine samples in our downtown stores and attractions, fun family activities (grape stomp, waiter races, pumpkin roll, train & trolley rides), and of course many tastes and smells of autumn!
2) Haunted Hikes at D&D Ranch. Actors bring classic & current horror figures to life in this award-winning Halloween attraction (one of the Top 10 in the state)! Begin in the Halloween museum and then hike through the haunted wild west town, and into the Trail of Terror which leads you into the forest. Open weekends beginning Oct 10th through Halloween.
3) Fun Runs. Fam Bam Color Jam (Color Run) 5K at Pine Tree Park Saturday September 27th benefitting Families First Counseling Services. Six-Legged 5K walk/run and festival at City Park Sunday, September 28th to raise funds for the Clear Lake Dog Park. Turkey Trot 5K at Cutting Edge Fitness Saturday, November 1st. Proceeds go locally to people in our community, past race totals have raised over $25,000 helping people in need.
4) Clear Lake Fire Department's Pancake Breakfast is Sunday, October 5th in conjunction with Fire Safety Week. Take some time to look through the adjacent Fire Museum and view the 9/11 monument in front of the Fire Station.
5) Halloween Activities include a Children's Parade on Saturday, October 25th organized by Clear Lake Parks & Rec, and Trick or Treat night is tentatively slated for Friday, October 31 from 5-7pm.
6) Concerts at EB Stillman Auditorium. The Clear Lake Area Concert Association presents Six Appeal Vocal Band on Sunday, October 19th. The African Children's Choir performs on Wednesday, October 22nd (sponsored by First Congregational Church).
7) Cup o'Joe Reader's Theatre's Fall Show at Clear Lake Arts Center November 20-22.
For details on these events, view our Calendar of Events.