The July 4th Celebration is rapidly approaching. This event brings in thousands of visitors and guests to our community. The City of Clear Lake and the Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce have been working closely to make this year's celebration a fun and safe environment for all.
The plans for parking and road closures for the event will remain relatively the same as in the past with a few exceptions. Due to limited parking and other considerations addressed by the city, below are items for your information.
For the entire event, July 3 through July 7, 2019:
- There will be no parking on the south side of 2nd Ave N from N Lake View Dr. to N Shore Dr.
- There will be no parking on 2nd Ave N (both sides) from N Shore Dr. to N 3rd
- There will be no parking on N Shore Dr. from 1st Ave N to 2nd Ave N
- For the affected areas, only permit parking will be authorized
- Our hope is to allow traffic to flow safely and effectively on 2nd Ave N
For the 4th of July:
- Barricades will be placed along 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Ave N between N Shore Dr. and N Lake View. All parking will be by permit only.
- At 2pm ALL vehicles must be removed from N Lake View Dr. The police department will tow any vehicle left on the street after 2:00pm. There will be no exceptions. N Lake View Dr. is on e of the designated pedestrian viewing areas. This has been an excellent addition for everyone to enjoy one of the biggest and best fireworks displays in Northern Iowa and Southern Minnesota.
- After the show concludes and people have safely left the viewing area, most of the barricades will be removed and normal event parking may resume.
Parking permits will be issued by the police department this year, not the Chamber. Permits will be limited to residences along the affected traffic areas. You may not receive as many permits as you have in the past, due to the limited parking. Permit parking will also be strictly enforced. If you move a barricade for access to permitted parking, please replace it to its appropriate position once you have passed.
For parking questions, or to arrange obtaining a permit, please call the police department at 641-357-2186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of the City of Clear Lake and the Chamber of Commerce, thank you for your assistance and patience during one of the biggest and best events in the area.
Chief of Police