BY: RACHEL WUMKES
I sure hope you dug those party pants out of storage, because rain or shine, Harvest Festival 2020 is happening on Saturday!!
Before the big day is here, I thought it might not be a bad idea to give one final information unload. A run-down, if you will, on how the day will go and what you can expect.
As seen on our Facebook page and the event page, here are the guidelines for the day.
- All vendors will be located outdoors and spaced to ensure a safe distance between each other.
**There are over 70 vendors signed up for the day. You don’t want to miss a single one of these incredible vendors, so make sure you walk all the closed-off streets to ensure you see them all!
- Samples will be in disposable, pre-packed containers. Pouring samples directly into the souvenir glasses will be prohibited.
**So, ya know… COVID. It might force us to make a few changes compared to past years, but that just means we have to roll with the punches, ladies!
- To reduce congestion, samples cannot be consumed in line. Grab your samples and go.
**This is a prime example of that whole “rolling with the punches” thing I just mentioned. We simply cannot congregate by the wine vendors like we normally do. It’s for your safety, our safety, everyone’s safety. Grab your samples, take them to the park and enjoy some live music while you sip.
- Vendors will have a separate retail line to purchase full bottles of wine, beer, and spirits.
**So you’ve sipped all your wines in the park… NOW you can go back to your favorite vendors, get into their “purchase” line, and buy wine. And let’s think ahead, people, there is still a chance that school will be cancelled for long stretches of time at some point this year. Two words: STOCK. UP.
- Music will be located in City Park to allow for ample space to spread out.
**I probably don’t really need to explain this one. But just in case y’all get a little tipsy on those wine samples, it might be a good plan to have a base set up – apart from other groups – in the park! I suggest bringing lawn chairs, blankets, whatever you need to make this the best experience possible.
- There will be no salsa contest, grape stomp, trolley rides, waiter races or pumpkin roll.
**It’s a bummer, but hopefully next year we can bring back all these fun activities!
- All vendors will have hand sanitizer or hand sanitizing stations at their location.
**Use it. Keep clean. Stay healthy.
- We recommend you wear a mask when you are unable to maintain a distance of 6ft. from other individuals.
**When you’re in line, or if there is a crowd of people, please wear your masks. And if you go into any of the fabulous shops or restaurants along Main Ave, please respect their wishes and follow their rules set forth pertaining to masks. Harvest Festival is about having fun, but this year it also needs to be about being safe!
- We ask that you do not attend if you are ill with a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, lack of taste or smell, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nauseous/vomiting, or diarrhea.
**This seems like an obvious thing yet needs to be said. If you’re sick – stay home. Have a friend get your wine samples and you can try them at a later date when your taste and smell return.
- Also, individuals over 65 years of age, with underlying preexisting conditions, or pregnant should not attend.
**Although we’ve done everything in our power to ensure the safety of all in attendance at Harvest Festival, there will still be more people than normal strolling through the streets. It’s just better to be safe than sorry!
If there’s one thing I know for sure, it’s going to be a GREAT day. Temps are looking to be on the chilly side, so dress warm. The Chamber staff and Harvest Festival committee is SO EXCITED we get to put this awesome event on for you. Thank you for purchasing bags. Thank you to all the vendors, wine locations and craft beer station. Thank you to the sponsors for helping us ensure we squeeze every little last bit of fun out this day that we possibly can.
It’s Harvest Festival time! Pull up those party pants and we’ll see YOU at the Lake on Saturday!
Schedule of events:
9AM -Champagne 5K -Lakeview Room
**8AM Packet Pick-up
**9AM Race Begins
9AM -4PM -Vendor & Farmers Market
12 -4PM -Wine & Beer Sampling
The Dock at Zion:
10:30AM-1PM -Last Minute Combo
1:30-4PM -NOVA Jazz
City Park Bandshell:
Noon -4PM -Bruce Day & The Dangits
Lady of the Lake:
1PM – 5PM The Mockingbirds