Tim Coffey, President & CEO of the Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce announced his retirement from the Chamber effective June 1, 2019.
In his letter to Board Chair Diana Symonds of the McQuaid Agency, Coffey wrote, “This position has been the most gratifying job that I have ever held, and has given me much satisfaction… I love Clear Lake and hope that I have added more value to the Chamber as well as enhancing the benefits of living, working and vacationing in Clear Lake….Many thanks for this gratifying opportunity to serve this tremendous community.”
During Coffey’s seven-year tenure, the Chamber has seen significant growth and accomplishments, including:
• Established the Academy of Business Resources, highlighting small business programs such as Tech Tuesday, Clear Lake Pathway to Success, 12 X 12 Luncheons, Educator Appreciation Breakfast, and conducting not-for-profit training programs
• Created of a new Lake Leadership program, now the flagship program of the Clear Lake Area Chamber
• Assisted in the creation of a School/Business Partnership program to begin addressing workforce development
• Collaborated with the Mason City Chamber, the North Iowa Corridor Economic Development Corporation to form the Vision North Iowa Partnership to “foster working together to improve the lives of all North Iowans”
• Led advocacy initiatives to include annual public Legislative Briefings; held private Legislative Briefings for CEOs; Day at the Capitol; and regular attendance at City Council meetings
• Helped to develop creative ways to communicate and highlight Chamber members, to include personally visiting Chamber members, holding Quarterly Chamber Coffees, bi-monthly “Chamber Chats” on Facebook video streaming service; a newly established podcast
• Developed an annual Thank You campaign for members
• Oversaw the $1.2 million Fireworks Endowment fundraising campaign, called IGNITE Clear Lake, to preserve the $8-$10 million economic impact of 100,000 visitors to Clear Lake over the 4th of July period
• Past Chair of the Iowa Chamber of Commerce Executives; past President of the Clear Lake Rotary Club; member of the Advisory Board for the John Pappajohn Entrepreneur Center
Board Chair Symonds said of Coffey’s time at the Clear Lake Chamber, “Tim’s contributions to Clear Lake as CEO and President of the Chamber are immeasurable! The Clear Lake Area Chamber is well positioned for continued growth as a result of Tim’s progressive leadership and organizational skills. Even though the search committee will have a tall task ahead of them, we anticipate a seamless transition process. We wish Tim well on his retirement and future endeavors with his wife Pam.”
The Clear Lake Area Chamber Board has established a Search Committee and begin the process to fill the open Chamber position, to insure a timely and orderly leadership transition.