When the temps start to drop, the pleas for fun things to do heat up. Yes, there's a ton of outdoor fun to be had in the winter, but if you're not in the mood to bundle up, here are some great ways to keep the kids happy indoors this winter at Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce member businesses.
- Lake Theater. The historic 1890's opera house has operated as a movie theater since 1936 and is now outfitted with the latest digital, audio, and 3D technology for the ultimate viewer experience. You can call the box office for current showtimes, or visit our online calendar. 4 N 4th St. (641) 357-2414.
- Adrenaline X Laser Tag. The former Lake Lanes bowling alley has been transformed to offer X-treme fun at an indoor tactical laser tag arena. High tech equipment pairs with team based objectives to make you feel like you are playing a real life video game! 514 Buddy Holly Place. (641) 357-3517.
- Hoppy Go Lucky Rentals. Not just for the great outdoors, Hoppy Go Lucky has expanded into an indoor space at Southbridge Mall (next to Younkers). Ages 12 and under can jump all day for just $6. 100 S Federal, Mason City. (641) 420-9368
- Clear Lake Public Library. The Library has an expansive children's department, and offers programming for all ages, including an after school program for grades 1-5. 200 N 4th St. (641) 357-0315 (Youth Desk).
- Clear Lake Arts Center. Get those creative juices flowing! Art FUNdamentals is a fun youth art program held the second Saturday of the month from The objective is to explore different art medias, techniques, processes while focusing on an art and design principle (color, shape, pattern, form, etc.) using the history of art and culture to help tell the story. 17 S 4th St. (641) 357-1998
What is your favorite indoor activity when the weather turns cold? Tell us in the comments below!